Monday 14 April 2008

Wonky pop

On Saturday night I had a riotous chuckle when Popjustice's Wonky Pop tour bounced into Korova. I missed out on Frankmusik because I was eating my dinner. Food has to come before bands. Sorry.
Leon Jean Marie was splendidly funktastic, while Danish pop scamps Alphabeat headlined. Ah, Alphabeat: so smiley, so youthful and so lovely. I could just cuddle them all night. From 10,000 Nights of Thunder to Fascination, they shimmied through adorable camp pop. Yes, you need to be predisposed to like "that" sort of "thing", but I do and most of the sweaty punters appeared to agree. It's not an average night in the haircut-filled Korova when people are waving camera phone towards the stage and shouting 'WHOO!!!' and 'YEAH!!!'
It was also a joy to bop around to some pop tunes, such as Sebastien Tellier's French Eurovision entry (it is, quite literally, Divine).
There was even a special VIP area, separated with some seating and this sign:


No comments:

Post a Comment