Thursday 5 June 2008

Here's one I made earlier... for the Long Blondes

Sleeper Here is my cover version (dyageddit?!!) of Couples by the Long Blondes, featuring Anthea Turner's wicker sofa and Mark Wallinger in a bear costume.
The only thing I forgot was the speech marks around Couples, making the album title "Couples". Why is this? Was somebody concerned that curious record buyers would pick up a copy and then recommend it to their friends saying 'oh yeah, I bought this great new album, I think it's called The Long Blondes by a band called Couples.' Or is it an act of self-sabotage? Did Kate Jackson not like the title and use the speech marks to create an ironic distance through punctuation?
Who knows. Either way, don't look too close or you'll see the glue isn't dry.

NB Anthea says her sofa and faux suede cushions are really easy to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment