Monday 17 November 2008

Top 10 songs of the past week

Should have posted this up yesterday, but I didn't. My bad. Here is my top 10 for the week ending 16 November 2008.
10) Womanizer by Britney Spears
Woma-woma-woma-nizer, y'all!
9) Hot N Cold by Katy Perry
I haven't decided that I suddenly like Katy Perry. But this song is undoubtedly good, and I kept telling myself that 45% was written by Dr Luke, 45% by Max Martin and 10% by Katy Perry. That makes me feel better.
8) Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf
Move over, Timbaland.
7) Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders
Something made me think about Lost In Translation, which made me think about Scarlett Johansson singing. Which made me shuffle through my record collection for some private time with Chrissie Hynde.
6) Cuffs by Zeigeist
Lovely electro stuff.
5) Pass This On by The Knife
Listening to Ziegeist reminded me how much I love The Knife. Which is A LOT.
4) Zombie by The Cranberries
There's something about the vocal quirks of Diana Vickers on X Factor remind me of Dolores O'Riordan. Except Diana makes more whistles and clicks. Hopefully, Simon Cowell will organise a Star Wars themed week in which she can perform as R2D2. I'm not going to pretend I'm too cool to have seen the X Factor, because any time you catch a glimpse of ITV2 it's being repeated. That, or Katie and Peter: The Next Chapter.
3) Sleepyhead by Passion Pit
I [heart] Passion Pit.
2) Dream On by Christian Falk featuring Robyn
This has been floating around for ages, but it's still wonderful. I just hope Robyn gets into the studio and starts working on a new album pronto.
1) Love Kills (demo) by Little Boots
Him out of Hot Chip + the former singer of Dead Disco + a Micro Korg= wonderful things. Love Kills is a cover of a Giorgio Moroder/Freddie Mercury song, FYI.Time for tea

No comments:

Post a Comment