Thursday 24 July 2008

Death of the CD update

Much of my CD collection has been packaged up and sold to eBayers around the world, from Liverpool to New Zealand. And I'm sick of queueing up in the Post Office. I still have a carrier bag full, which I attempted to donate to a charity shop. But they don't accept donations of CDs, so I had to trundle home with it.
It was sad to say goodbye to my CDs, but necessary. And the vinyl stays, obviously. The money went straight onto new clothes. Wearing nice clothes is nice, but I despise trawling around shops, feeling hideously exposed in front of changing room mirrors, navigating around gaggles of teenage girls etc. But my wardrobe was thinning to the point where I had about three daytime outfits, so off on an internet shopping trip I went. To Etsy, naturally, which is full of people with mad skillz.

pose!
Above is my favourite new Etsy purchase, from Victoria n' Bird. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's a fabulous pinafore dress beneath that gold scarf (from Brussels). And I know I need a haircut. Sorry, Mum.
And the back. Mad skillz indeed! I'd wear it everyday if I could. But I spilt my dinner on it earlier. OOOPS! Maybe I should just wear black dresses from now on. It might be a bit clammy on hot days, but at least I wouldn't have to over-think outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment