Tuesday 10 February 2009

Endgaming Sugababes

During the 9 years the Sugababes have been around, they've mostly made me feel ambivalent. Apart from Overload, Freak Like Me, Push The Button and Round Round. I thought their music was otherwise fine, just not for me. And I always felt they looked like they might aggressively elbow me out of the way in a nightclub toilet.
Since the release of their sixth album (yes, six), Catfights + Spotlights, the Sugababes have started getting on my nerves. I dislike the lack of joie de vivre (please compare with Girls Aloud) - it's all so... workmanlike. I dislike the farcical 'female empowerment'. I dislike the Most of all, I dislike the creepy video for No Can Do. The way Heidi lines up the shirtless and near faceless men reminds me of the slave trade.
It starting to look like they're delaying the inevitable. I say, ladies, just do it. Break up. The dresses may have got posher but the music's become more mediocre. It doesn't look like it's fun anymore.
I am a bit nervous that they might read this post, then track me down and bogwash me.

No comments:

Post a Comment