Sunday 1 February 2009

Tweecore and garage rock

After a few tipsy evenings out I'm tired, but I have some photos to amuse you.
On Friday night I went to Offbeat, Sheffield's finest indie club. It's a night full of twee, indie and alternative tunes, as you can see from the playlist:
Sultans of Ping FC?!My boyfriend requested the DJ play some Half Man Half Biscuit.
Four skinny indie kids Because it was Offbeat's 12th birthday, there was cake and a mixtape swap:
Get tape. Hear tape. Cry. Offbeat = very good.
Last night, I saw Frank Sidebottom playing at the Magnet. It was the third birthday of the Go-Go Cage, which is a surf/garage/psych rock night. There was no cake, but there were mixtapes and a burlesque dancer. Ooh blimey. My photos look crapola, so I made a zoo scrapbook to show you instead:
It is. It really, really is. The Go-Go Cage = very good too. But now I need an afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment