Wednesday 3 September 2008

Arachnophilia

Remember when I mentioned that building on the Dead 60s album cover? From today, it is now the building with the massive mechanical spider:
Is it a monster?
La Princess
The big beastie has been attached to the Concourse Building as part of La Machine, a near-indescrible piece of street theatre happening throughout Liverpool city centre this weekend. Her name is La Princess. The details are cryptic, but it will literally stop the traffic. Roundabouts and street lighting have been removed in preparation, and there's a big spider web over Exchange Flags. What's going to happen? I don't know, but it involves a 'magical snowscape' and I'M SO EXCITED.
However, not everyone agrees. When I was taking the above photograph, a man starting telling me "it's all a bloody waste of tax-payer's money".

No comments:

Post a Comment