Sunday 7 September 2008

Enablers at Korova

On Friday night, I watched Enablers at Korova, a post-rock band from San Francisco.
Brighton trio Euchrid Eucrow were supporting. Although it's exciting to see a band comprised of guitar, accordion and viola, they were pretty poor. I thought they were like Magnetic Fields without the knowing humour or intelligence, while my boyfriend condemned them as a rubbish Silver Mt Zion. Harsh words. But it was too, too intense and morbid for a Friday night.
Enablers were much better, and I was surprised by how many fans were rocking out. I don't have much to say, because I was a little tipsy on Fosters (it's only £1.95 a pint). I had a bad head on Saturday, which serves me right.
There was a lot of plaid and check in the room. Plaid and check are the official clothing of post-rock and drone. My friend Matt wore a nice check shirt:

You know it's a gig when you're drinking Red Stripe
While I went for a plaid skirt and brown cardigan combo. I'm so indie.
Pink shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment