Thursday 14 August 2008

Current obsession - Action Biker

I was on one of my regular YouTube daisy chains when I found Stockholm lovely Action Biker. My starting point was When I Grow Up by the Pussycat Dolls (did Britney Spears not make the final edit?) and somehow ended up with luscious electro loveliness. Action Biker is Sarah Nyberg Pergament, and she sings like Francoise Hardy, makes beautiful lo-fi electronica and looks like she stepped from a street style webiste. She also performs with Kevin Wright as The Dreamers. She is proof that Sweden is a wondrous paradise, along with Dala horses, IKEA, The Knife and so on.
Below is the video for ICA Lappis, which not only looks amazing but is also a song about shopping in the Swedish equivalent of Spar. There's also a live video on YouTube where she sings on stage while making brownies. Performance baking = winner.


No comments:

Post a Comment