Thursday 14 August 2008

Field Day

I went to Field Day on Saturday, but I haven't told you about it yet. I know, I know, I'm making a loser sign against my forehead as I'm typing.
It wasn't the post-apocalyptic wasteland the Drowned in Sound message boards had me fearing: I queued about 10 minutes for the toilets and the cans of Red Stripe were plentiful. But it was cold and raining all damn day. And full of braying East London types. You know the sort, who turn up just to be "seen" and apparently spend their days putting together outfits. It's difficult to hate on the scenesters though, because it's just a phase. They'll grow out of it.
Jeffrey Lewis and his cartoons were good, as were The Field. The main stage was too quiet during Laura Marling and Of Montreal, and there was an excellent brass band hidden amongst the trees. Overall? A nice day out.
My friends kindly let me stay with them in Bow afterwards, and filled me up with Pimms. So maybe East London isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment